and your eyes are all like:
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Born Together and Friends Forever
My other half and best friend, love you so much!!!
What would I have done without you? You have been there for me always, through the good times and bad times. Despite the fights, yelling, screaming, etc. etc. It made us stronger. I am blessed to have you in my life. I hope God continues to bless you in the years ahead. No matter what you go through always remember that God loves you and is with you. Keep your head high!!! I believe in you, little one :) You deserve to be successful in all you do! <3
A joy that is shared is a joy made double.
This morning a man at the mall stopped in his tracks and stared at me in astonishment when I told him that I don’t have a boyfriend. I told him I was waiting on God’s perfect timing in bringing the right man into my life.
“Honey, there ain’t no perfect guy out there. And you’re gonna have to wait a long time for any guy if you don’t got a boyfriend now.”
“I know that there’s no perfect man out there, but there is a perfect God. And He has perfect plans for me. I’ll trust Him.”
“You shouldn’t wait on Him. You need to get out there and find yourself a guy. Otherwise you’ll be waiting a long, long time.” He pronounced those last three words ominously, like a bad nightmare or a lifelong prison sentence.
“No, I don’t need to get out there and find some guy. God will do that for me.” I simply said.
The man just shook his head and went away mumbling about how naive I was and how I had to find a guy real soon, because one couldn’t rely on God.
I stared into nothingness as the man’s retreating steps echoed down the hall. Instead of the fear and impulsiveness and go-find-him-now mentality that the man at the mall tried to instill in me, peace and assurance surrounded my heart. I was reminded of where it says in Proverbs 18:22 that “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” Notice that the verse clearly indicates that it’s the man who finds the wife and not the other way around!
Another quote by Christian author Max Lucado further assured me that “a woman’s heart must be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”
Worldly wisdom says to go find a guy – now! Worldly wisdom says you must have a boyfriend. Worldly wisdom says that you won’t be satisfied until you have one. Worldly wisdom says to do it yourself.
The thing is, worldly wisdom is the opposite of Godly wisdom – of God’s way of doing things.
Godly wisdom says to wait, be patient. Godly wisdom says that you don’t have to have a boyfriend. Godly wisdom says that you can be satisfied in God alone. Godly wisdom says that you should let God script your love story.
So, who would you rather stick with – the world and their “wisdom” or a holy, perfect, and loving God who is all-knowing, all-powerful, and has your best interest at heart?
I’ll stick with Him.
By: Joanna Suich
1. I love helping people. <3
2. I never had funnel cake yet.
3. My favorite color is lime-green.
4. For some odd reason, I love the smell of whiteout and gasoline.
5. My 2011 New Year's resolution was not to drink coke.
(So far I haven't!)
6. I love watching reruns.
7. I'm addicted to coffee.
8. I have very little motivation at times.
9. I'm not a morning person.
10.Honestly, I don't care if I match or not.
11. I love shopping, but, hate walking around for hours.
12. I can be fobby when I want to be. (don't ask lol)
13. I dislike when people try to over smart me. It gets way
14. I harmonize to every single thing from school bells
to commercials and so forth.
15. I used to hate cleaning my room. (I'm not a neat-freak.)
16. I haven't really planned out my wedding like every
other chick out there, but I know for sure that I want
me some red velvet cake for my wedding :]
17. I'm very picky when it comes to food.
18. I can't whistle for my life.
19. I wish I had a middle name.
20. My favorite fruit is mango. :]
21. I want to move down south.
22. I eat ranch with biriyani.
23. I'm 50% afraid of heights.
24. I think guys who play the guitar and wear glasses
are sophisticated. (Especially those who are on
fire for God) <3
25. I still need a night light when I go to sleep.
26. I've always wanted to take piano and swimming lessons.
27. I love taking long HOT showers.
28. I dislike when people label other people.
29. I value my childhood memories.
30. I don't like swearing, drinking, or smoking.
(Can someone say UNATTRACTIVE?)
31. I cannot read a map. I am really bad with directions.
32. I'm only fluent in English. Though I can understand my
33. I love airplane food. I love how it’s all nicely packed and
how they come in trays…the entire package.
34. My sister and I flood our parent's bathroom floors when we
were about 4 years old.
35. I have a hard time not getting distracted.
36. I love watching American Idol with my mom. :)
37. I'm 100% South Indian.
38. I've been singing since I was 3 years old.
39. I have too many nicknames! To name some: Jossie, Jos, JoJo,
BabyJoJo, Chocolate Chip, Lyn, Jos Jos, Twin # 1, Jo
40. I can be sarcastic when I want to be.
41. Born and raised in New York.
42. Love making low calorie smoothies.
43. I never got on a trampoline.
44. I like being independent.
45. I've never been to Disneyland.
46. I used to wear glasses in the 1st grade. One day it broke and
I never wore glasses again. The end.
47. My pulse rate was over 110. (not cool)
48. I would choose North Indian food over South Indian food.
49. I would love to travel and go on mission trips with my
50. Bananagrams is my new favorite game. It's mind bloggling!